Monday, January 14, 2008

my new knitted hat


I have just finished knitting Urchin by Ysolda Teague. On me its more of a beanie hat though, rather than the pattern intended beret. So i added some buttons for a bit of extra detail. I do plan to make another one, on larger needles with different yarn, to hopefully achieve the beret look. Watch this space. The knitting of quick chunky hats is something i am doing in between a large and all stocking stitch knitted garment, as an antidote to the monotony that is plain knitting. I will adore the garment when its finished, and its great when chatting at knitting groups as you can knit 4 inches and not even relise it. But at home in the evening i want more of a challenge.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home